- 1 pound of Ground turkey breast
- 1 16 oz can of Low-sodium black beans
- 1 cup of Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of Onions, chopped
- 2 cups of Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup of Jalapeños, chopped
- 1 cup of Green bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Hot Sauces of your choice (optional)
Ground Turkey Taco Spice Seasonings (optional):
- Cayenne Pepper
- Ground Pepper
- Garlic Powder
1. Chop all vegetables, grate the Parmesan cheese, and place all ingredients in separate Tubberware containers instead of bowls. (Hint: This makes it easier to pack up leftovers for lunches/dinners throughout the week!)
2. Place ground turkey in a large pan on the stove for medium-high heat for about 15 minutes or until it completely cooks. Ground turkey tends to turn a whiter/lighter brown than ground beef. Cook until all redness is gone and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 15 seconds. Fill free to use the spices above to season ground turkey for a spicy, taco taste!
3. When ground turkey is finished, place this in separate Tubberware container as well.
4. Build your Burrito Bowl! For correct portion sizes, scoop 1/2 cup of ground beef, 1/4 cup rice, 1/4 cup black beans, 2 cups of assorted vegetables, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, and 2 Tbsp of salsa into a bowl. Mix all ingredients together, and add a drizzle of hot sauce on top as well for extra kick.