- If dining out, choose items that are broiled, baked, roasted, grilled, or steamed; not fried, sautéed, crispy, or batter-dipped, which are usually higher in fat and salt.
- Eat the correct portion sizes (See Portion-Size Post Below)
- Share a meal with a friend
- Limit alcoholic beverages to no more than one per hour. Alcohol contains a lot of calories and can make someone feel hungrier than they actually are, which causes them to over-eat. Drink large glasses of water between alcoholic beverages.
- Go irish-dancing as an active way to celebrate the Irish festivities!
Be safe, don't drink and drive, and enjoy your holiday!