Well, with this easy recipe, you can now be stress-free about dinner tonight!
This tasty dish that can be made in less than 30 minutes! This meal is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, which are good for your heart, and high in fiber and protein, which keeps you fuller for longer.
- 1 cup of pre-washed red quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 avocados, chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 onion, chopped into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into 1/2 inch slices
- 1.5 cucumbers, chopped into cubes
- 2 jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 3 oz feta cheese
- 8 cherry heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic Cloves, minced
- Ground Pepper for taste
- Hot sauce for taste
1. Pour 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa into a sauté pan and set it on HIGH until it boils. Once the quinoa starts to boil, cover the pan, and turn down the heat to LOW/MEDIUM for about 20 minutes until the quinoa is finished. Quinoa should look fluffy and have absorbed all of the water when it is done. See pictures below:
3. Gently mix until the ingredients are evenly dispersed, and then add ground pepper and hot sauce on top for taste.
4. Enjoy it by itself, or add it to a wrap with hummus for dinner
-Sat Fat: <2 grams -Cholesterol: 2.5 mg -Trans Fat: 0 grams -Sodium: 194 mg -Iron: 10.5 mg